History and origins
It is tradition to trace the origin of Saludecio to Trajan Decius, Roman emperor, who would have found refuge in the hills, building the home.
Hence "salus Decii" or "saltus Decii". At the end of '200 takes shape the process of militarization of space, which will be further developments over the centuries XIV and XV, when the town of Rimini took over the Signoria Malatesta.
Throughout the fifteenth century, the country's history is intertwined with power struggles between the two most famous and illustrious contenders: Sigismondo Malatesta and Federico da Montefeltro. In 1469 the castle was taken by Roberto, son of Sigismund, and then in 1482 by Pandolfo, son of Roberto,
he is lost at the hands of the Venetians. After the brief rule of the Republic of Venice, Saludecio for a few years back to the town of Rimini. From 1517 come under the jurisdiction of Francesco Maria Della Rovere and then finally come to be part of the Papal States by 1524. In the second half of '700,
one begins to feel uncomfortable due to the financial crisis, the lack of economic and political reforms, to aggravate the situation, the famine of 1776 and the earthquake of 1786. Saludecio becomes, after having appointed June 24 1859 the Provisional Junta of Government, the capital mandated by the Valconca.
Places to visit
The city wall ramparts, which spread around the country, defines the core historic medieval largely restored, has defensive ramparts of various types due to different historical periods (sec. XV / XVI). The Church is located at the top of the village, was founded in 1640 by Blessed Cyprian Mosconi Gerolomini of the order of friars,
retains a number of eighteenth century paintings and an altar in finely carved wood, it is also the Shrine of Blessed Amato Ronconi, of which miraculously keeps the body in a glass urn of exceptional artistic and documentary value.
Porta Marina, facing the Adriatic Sea, is the main access to the country (XIV century) and is characterized by the municipal coat of arms displayed over the input: entering on the right, you can enjoy the tombstone sandstone (XVI century) that Publio Francesco Modesti renowned humanist scholar.
Montanara door, facing the Apennine foothills, is the second gateway to the village, dates from the fourteenth century. Olmo del Beato is a chapel in which it keeps the old elm by Beato Amato, a relic which is linked to the popular tradition of the Franciscan religious and Amato Ronconi, who lived in the thirteenth century.
In the same building is a bronze of Blessed attributed to Prospero Clementi (1516-1584).
Saludecio in the first week in August, hosting a major event that exhibitions, shows and flea markets evokes the lively atmosphere of the nineteenth century operettas, the 800 Festival.